A&S Classroom Scheduling Policies and Guidelines
Please be aware that these policies and guidelines only apply to centrally scheduled A&S College classrooms that are primarily managed by the A&S Registrar’s Office in KG17. There are many other rooms on the A&S Quad that are primarily managed by departments who may have their own policies regarding room use and availability.
Policies for the beginning of Fall and Spring semesters:
- Student organizations may not request rooms following the last day of classes of the Spring semester through August 1st. Any requests submitted between these dates will be denied.
- We will begin processing student room requests close to the first day of classes for each term.
- During the first two weeks of the Fall and Spring semesters, student organizations may only request rooms on Friday after 4:30pm, as well as all day Saturday and Sunday. Any requests outside of these times will be denied to ensure that final class changes can be accommodated.
- We will begin scheduling requests for Monday-Thursday after 4:30pm during the second week of each term.
- For organizations that require large room blocks for multiple days: you may only reserve six rooms within the main Arts & Sciences buildings (Goldwin Smith, Klarman, McGraw, Morrill, Rockefeller, and Uris). You may spread the remainder of your requests across campus. This is to ensure that all organizations, big and small, get the opportunity to reserve space in A&S buildings during the busiest time of the semester.
General Scheduling Guidelines:
- No student events may occur prior to 4:30pm on weekdays.
- There must be at least a 15-minute gap between classes and/or events to prevent overlap, as well as to reduce crowded hallways/public spaces.
- Any time you request a location, please check the availability grid for conflicting requests or class buffer overlap by doing the following:
- Navigate to the home page of 25Live and select the “More” menu in the upper right.
- Select “Availability” to view the grid.
- You can see pending requests by selecting the checkbox next to “Include Requested.” A pending request will be filled with grey dashed lines.
- If there is a pending request in a space at your desired date and time, please select another space.
- Rooms are reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- It is recommended that you submit your request at least five business days before your event to ensure there is adequate time for it to be assigned and confirmed.
- If you require multiple rooms, you must request them on a single event form and detail your necessity for multiple locations in the comment section. Requests for multiple rooms without an explanation will be denied.
- Requests for multiple rooms exceeding six locations should be directed to our office for further review by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Project teams are categorized as student events.
- Student groups may not reserve spaces within the College of Arts & Sciences during the summer or winter.
- No student events will occur after the last day of classes each Fall or Spring semester regardless of how far in advance you requested your event, or whether you are taking summer or winter classes.
- Confirmed student events may require rescheduling if A&S or university departments require that particular space and time for a high priority event.
- Large Auditoriums
- Student organizations may only reserve Klarman Auditorium (KG70) once per semester (unless for performances/rehearsals).
- The following auditorium spaces must achieve 50% of their room capacity to be reserved (unless for performances/rehearsals):
- HEC Auditorium: GSH132 (cap 210)
- Lewis Auditorium: GSHG76 (cap 200)
- Kaufman Auditorium: GSHG64 (cap 145)
- Klarman Auditorium: KLRKG70 (cap 330)
- Uris Auditorium: URHG01 (cap 441)
College Rooms that are Scheduled by A&S Registrar
|Building||Building Code||Room Numbers|
|Goldwin Smith Hall||GSH||132, 142, 144, 156, 158, 160, 162, 164, 181, G64, G76|
|McGraw Hall||MCG||145, 165|
|Morrill Hall||MRL||102, 106, 107, 110, 111|
|Rockefeller Hall||RCK||102, 103, 104, 105, 110, 112, 115, 122, 128, 132, 183, 185, 187, 189, B15, B16|
|Uris Hall||URH||202, 204, 254, 260, 262, 301, 302, 303, 312, 331, 369, 375A, 394, 398, 438, 494, 498, G01, G20, G22, G24, G26, G44, G88|
Questions? Contact AS Room Reservations at email@example.com.