Dedicated to providing excellent service to our students, faculty, and staff
The Arts & Sciences Registrar's Office support the curricular and instructional activities of the college by providing accurate grading, enrollment and student record services to the entire A&S College. We are charged with upholding university and college policies as they relate to the integrity of the Bachelor of Arts degree. We are responsible for degree clearing and certification for all A&S students, while ensuring they have the necessary qualifications to receive the B.A. degree from Cornell University. Part of the A&S Student Services Office, we are located in KG17, Klarman Hall.
If you need a form during this time that you would normally have picked up from our office, please use the links listed here.
Completed forms can be submitted as a scan or picture to firstname.lastname@example.org. If additional signatures are required on the form (e.g. faculty advisor, instructor), please copy all required signatories and request that they send their approval by e-mail to email@example.com as well.
- Online Add/Drop Form
- Use this form to add a class that has a time conflict with another class in which you are already enrolled.
- Information Release Request Form (web form)
- Use this form to request an official letter or have an external form verified.
- If you only need to verify your enrollment, please go to certification.cornell.edu.
- Use only for requests pertaining to non-Arts course changes.
- Use the online petition form for all other requests.
- Please reference the policy and guidelines for Transferring Credits for more information.
- Late Declaration of Major Form (web form)
- Use this form if you are unable to declare your major by the end of your sophomore year.
- Non-arts to Arts Credit Request Form (web form)
- Use this form to request Arts credit for up to three non-Arts classes that are counting towards your A&S major and/or up to two non-Arts classes that are counting towards an A&S minor.
- Cross Listed Change Form (web form)
- Use this form to change the listing of a cross-listed course taken in a past semester.
- You are not required to change cross-listed courses to fulfill distribution requirements unless it is required by your major department.
- Request to Freeze Grade of Incomplete Form (web form)
- Return from Leave Form (web form)
Important Deadlines and Resources
Fall 2022: Academic Calendar
|August 16, Tuesday
@ 9:00 am
|Course Add/Drop Begins for Seniors|
|August 17, Wednesday
@ 9:00 am
|Course Add/Drop Begins for Juniors|
|August 18, Thursday
@ 9:00 am
|Course Add/Drop Begins for Sophomores|
|August 19, Friday
@ 9:00 am
|Course Add/Drop Begins for Freshmen and FWS Classes|
|August 22, Monday||Classes Begin|
|August 29, Monday||7-week 1 Add/change Credits Ends|
|September 5, Monday||Labor Day - No Classes|
|September 6, Tuesday||Last day to Add a Regular Academic Session Class or
Change Number of Credits Without a Petition
|September 19, Monday||7-week 1 Drop/Change Grading Basis Ends|
|September 23, Friday||Project Team / Independent Study Class Add Deadline|
|September 26, Monday||First Deadline for Submitting Independent Major Requests|
|October 8, Saturday -
October 11, Tuesday
|Fall Break - No Classes|
|October 12, Wednesday||7-week 2 Classes Begin|
|October 17, Monday||Last Day to Drop a Class Without a "W" and Without a Petition (57th day of the term)
Last Day to Change Grade Option From S/U to Letter or From Letter to S/U
|October 18, Tuesday||First Day a "W" will Appear on the Transcript for Classes Withdrawn by Petition|
|October 19, Wednesday||7-week 2 Add/Change Credits Ends|
|October 31, Monday||Second Deadline for Submitting Independent Major Requests|
|November 2, Wednesday 7:30am-
November 4, Friday 11:59pm
|Spring '23 Pre-Enrollment for Seniors|
|November 7, Monday 7:30am-
November 9, Wednesday 11:59pm
|Spring '23 Pre-Enrollment for Juniors|
|November 8, Tuesday 7:30am-
November 10, Thursday 11:59pm
|Spring '23 Pre-Enrollment for Sophomores|
|November 9, Wednesday 7:30am-
November 11, Friday 11:59pm
|Spring '23 Pre-Enrollment for First-Years|
November 9, Wednesday
|7-week 2 Drop/Change Grading Basis Ends|
|November 23, Wednesday -
November 27, Sunday
|Thanksgiving Recess- No Classes|
|November 28, Monday||Instruction Resumes|
|December 1, Thursday||Internal Transfer Application Deadline|
|December 5, Monday||Last Day to Withdraw from a Class by Petition with a "W" Appearing on a Transcript|
|December 5, Monday||Last Day of Classes|
|December 6, Tuesday -
December 8, Thursday
|December 9, Friday||First Day of Scheduled Exams|
|December 17, Saturday||Last Day of Scheduled Exams and for Student Academic Activity|
|December 18, Sunday||December Graduation Recognition Ceremony|
Registrar Staff and Contacts
Mailing Address: Klarman Hall, Room KG17, Ithaca, NY 14853
Registrar and Operations Staff
|Duncan Bell||Director of Administration,
|Klarman Hall, Room KG17
|Debra Morey||Assistant Director of Administration,
Senior Assistant Registrar
|Klarman Hall, Room KG17
|Emily Bednarski||Senior Assistant Registrar||Klarman Hall, Room KG17
|Savannah Williams||Senior Assistant Registrar||Klarman Hall, Room KG17
|Susan Chandler||Assistant Registrar||Klarman Hall, Room KG17
|Alyssa Hingre||Assistant Registrar||Klarman Hall, Room KG17
|Brittnie Hamlin Riccardi||Operations Administrative Assistant||Klarman Hall, Room KG17
|Robin Perry||Admissions Operations Coordinator||Klarman Hall, Room KG17
|Hayley Brown||Administrative Assistant||Klarman Hall, Room KG17