Jean Bernard Cerin
Assistant Professor, Music
Current research project:
The Lisette Project traces the history of the oldest song from Colonial Haiti and other songs written in France and the United States that share its lyrics.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, School of Music Theater and Dance, Ithaca College, 2022-2023
- Associate Professor, Department of Fine and Performing Arts, Lincoln University, 2016-2022
- D.M.A., Vocal performance, University of Michigan, 2014
- M.M., Vocal performance, New England Conservatory, 2010
- B.A., Economics, Saint Joseph's University, 2009
Last book read:
“Witch King” by Martha Wells
In your own time/when not working:
I enjoy listening to audiobooks and weight training.
Courses you’re most looking forward to teaching:
Applied Voice Lessons
What most excites you about Cornell:
I am thrilled to be teaching in such an eclectic department of scholars and performers and to work with students from across the university.