The Office of Undergraduate Biology provides comprehensive, academic, career, and research advising to current and prospective biological sciences majors and minors, as well as alumni and faculty. Our primary mission is to serve the diverse needs of our majors as they navigate the curriculum and achieve their academic and career aspirations.
Bio by the Numbers
- 1300 majors from the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) and the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS)
- 14 concentrations and over 380 courses
- Over 300 faculty members teach in our curriculum and engage in research with our students
- 70% of majors participate in undergraduate research before graduation
- Each semester, over 500 students earn academic credit for conducting research
- The Office of Undergraduate Biology is staffed with advising professionals who help students plan for and reach their academic and career goals