College of Arts and Sciences News
- Is Saturn's 'Death Star' Moon A Hidden Water World?
- Career Services Workshops Help Students Explore Majors
- Astronomer Jonathan Lunine Wins Cassini Medal
- Researchers Record Sight Neurons in Jumping Spider Brain
- Arts and Sciences Alum William Moerner Wins Nobel Prize
- Einhorns, A&S Grads, Establish Engaged Cornell Initiative
With majors in the sciences, the humanities and the social sciences, students are encouraged to discover their own paths.
Pathways to Success
A liberal arts education opens the doors to many different pathways to success. Read about our amazing alumni.
Kathy Savitt, '85
Kathy Savitt '85 is helping to spearhead the "renaissance" of Yahoo (what she calls "the world's largest startup").
Meet Kathy and other A&S alumni
Departments and Research
Our culture of collaboration strengthens our research and scholarship across 28 departments and 16 academic programs.
The college is strengthening and expanding faculty excellence by hiring people like...
Experimental condensed matter physics, typically at low temperatures; scanning probe microscopy and mesoscopic transport applied to quantum materials