Nava Scharf retired from teaching at Cornell in 2020 after 40+ years. She is a native of Tel Aviv, was educated in Israel, and joined the faculty of Cornell's Department of Near Eastern Studies in 1977 after having taught for several years in Israel. She has been honored with the Clark Award for Distinguished Teaching and was recognized by one of Cornell's 25 Merrill Presidential Scholars as the faculty member who most positively influenced her education at Cornell. Nava serves as a liaison for Cornell Abroad on campus to the universities in Israel and is happy to answer any questions regarding study in Israel.
- Intermediate Modern Hebrew
- Advanced Modern Hebrew I
- Advanced Modern Hebrew II: Hebrew in a Changing World
- Advanced Hebrew through Media and Literature
- Israeli Culture Through Literature
- Life in Israel: Aspects of Israeli Society, Language, Literature