My research focuses on the interaction of biological and environmental constraints in the evolution, acquisition and processing of language. I employ a variety of methodologies, including computational modeling, corpus analyses, statistical learning, psycholinguistic experiments, and neuroimaging.
Current projects include:
- The role of chunking in memory, language, and statistical learning
- The role of multiword chunks as building blocks for first and second language learning
- The difficulty of learning and using Danish as a first language
- Individual differences in language, statistical learning, and reading
- Multiple-cue integration in language acquisition
- Computational and experimental approaches to the cultural evolution of language