Derk Pereboom’s research is primarily on free will and moral responsibility and in philosophy of mind. He also works in early modern philosophy, especially on the philosophy of Immanuel Kant, and in philosophy of religion. He teaches courses in each of these areas.
- Free will and moral responsibility
- Philosophy of mind
- History of modern philosophy
- Philosophy of religion
- Living Without Free Will, Cambridge University Press, 2001.
- Consciousness and Prospects of Physicalism, Oxford University Press, 2011.
- Free Will, Agency, and Meaning in Life, Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Wrongdoing and the Moral Emotions, Oxford University Press, 2021.