A synthetic organic chemist by training, Dr. Ganem has broad scientific research interests ranging from organic and analytical chemistry to biochemistry.
- Synthetic organic chemistry, natural products synthesis
- New synthetic methodology, multicomponent reactions
- Drug discovery and development
- Biochemistry, molecular medicine.
- H. V. Le, B. Ganem, “Mild Oxidation of Tosylmethylisocyanide to Tosylmethylisocyanate: Utility in Synthetic and Medicinal Chemistry,” Tetrahedron Lett. 55, 2003 (2014).
- H. V. Le, L. Fan, B. Ganem, “A Practical and Inexpensive ‘Convertible’ Isonitrile for Use in Multicomponent Reactions,” Tetrahedron Lett. 52, 2209 (2011).
- L. Fan, R. W. Lewis, G. P. Hess, B. Ganem, “A New Synthesis of Caged GABA Compounds for Studying GABAA Receptors,” Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 19, 3932 (2009).
- J. M. Oaksmith, B. Ganem, “Synthesis of a COMC-Estradiol Conjugate for Targeted, Tissue-selective Cancer Chemotherapy.” Tetrahedron Lett. 50, 3497 (2009).
- Ganem, B. “Strategies for Innovation in Multicomponent Reaction Design,” Acc. Chem. Res. 42, 463 (2009).
- C. A. Simoneau, A. M. Strohl, B. Ganem, “A Novel, One-Pot Synthesis of Polysubstituted Indoles from Aliphatic Nitro Compounds,” Tetrahedron Lett. 48, 1809 (2007).