When our admissions committee read through over 30,000 applications this year, yours stood out. Put simply, we recognized something special in you. We believe you will contribute much to our community, and that Cornell has much to offer you in return.
Get ready to expand your life and experience beyond the classroom, and to let your curiosity drive your ambitions. The College of Arts & Sciences embodies Ezra Cornell’s founding vision where "any person can find instruction in any study."
Welcome to our Big Red Family, and congratulations!
The liberal arts education you'll receive at Cornell will give you all the perspective, confidence and skills you'll need to make a difference in our ever-changing world. You and your classmates in the Class of 2025 will make scientific breakthroughs, write great literature, find cures to diseases, develop new technologies and contribute to governance and policymaking at the highest levels. It's exciting for me to think of all that you will discover during your four years here.
Our faculty and advisors are here to support you, empower you, and root for your success. You will also develop deep friendships with fellow students and will create a true community within our college and across all of Cornell that will open doors for you, wherever your path leads.
Ray Jayawardhana, The Harold Tanner Dean of Arts & Sciences
Why Arts and Sciences
Why A&S at Cornell?
The College of Arts & Sciences is the heart of Cornell University.
The top 3 reasons students choose Arts & Sciences
- Breadth of academic programs
- Career prospects
- Research opportunities
As Cornell University's largest college, Arts & Sciences offers you access to an uncommonly diverse range of educational and research opportunities. In A&S you will have two years to explore a wide variety of disciplines and topics before making the important choice of selecting a major. Choose from more than 2,000 classes in A&S, with faculty who are committed to teaching in the most engaging ways, plus have access to another 2,000 classes from across Cornell.
You will have the ability to take part in special academic opportunities, as well as join in a research lab to dive deeply into a topic of your choice, working side by side with faculty and graduate students.
And know that when it's time for you to leave Cornell, you'll be well-prepared for the next step, whether that be graduate school, an advanced professional degree or a challenging and rewarding career.
Taking the next step...
You're admitted! What's next?
- Celebrate! With friends and family...and then with future classmates and current Cornellians in the A&S Community on CUontheHill. Watch here as current students welcome you and offer their top recommendations of what to look forward to at Cornell. Plus, download custom A&S digital swag below!
- Learn more about our distinctive features and exceptional education:
- Refer to Cornell Undergraduate Admissions for logistics on securing your spot, housing/dining applications and a "to-do" list to prepare for your new life at Cornell.
Join us @CornellCAS
Follow us on Instagram to find out what it’s really like to be a student in Arts & Sciences and see the beautiful campus we call home.
Connect with A&S
Connect with A&S
Upcoming events for admitted students
Student-to-Student Text Event
Friday, April 30th from 7 – 8:30 p.m. EDT
Text us your questions about the Cornell community and student life to receive individual answers from College of Arts & Sciences (A&S) Student Ambassadors. Our Ambassadors can speak to many of the experiences that make Cornell feel like home, including our affinity groups, athletic clubs, Program Houses, musical groups, support networks, and much more. Textline 607-225-2116 (USA only).
Questions for Admissions Staff
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. EDT
Text us any questions you have about the College of Arts & Sciences and receive a personal answer from an admissions officer. Textline 607-225-2116 (USA only).
Zoom Student Webinar
If you were unable to attend our live student webinars, you can learn more about the Cornell student experience by watching a recording of our recent Admitted Student Webinar. This webinar features a panel of current Cornellians and recent graduates discussing A&S academic opportunities, advising/career development, student life, housing and community service. The webinar follows an open Q&A format with the panel answering questions posed by admitted members of the Class of 2025.
Ways to connect with us
You have a big decision to make and we want to ensure that you have the information you need. Although our offices are closed to visitors at this time, there are multiple ways to reach us:
- Message admissions staff: You can message admissions staff as well as current students directly within the CUontheHill A&S Community (join using your personal link from April 7 email).
- Email: For questions about student life, contact a current student ambassador at email@example.com. For general inquiries, email an A&S admissions staff member at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Regarding Financial Aid: You should receive your financial aid package approximately 10 business days after submitting all documents. Please ensure that your financial aid application is complete by logging into your Cornell Financial Aid To-Do List (items should drop from this list within 7 business days of your submission) and checking your spam filter for any follow-up emails from our Financial Aid Office. If your To-Do List has been clear for 15 days and you have not yet received your financial aid package, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
- Follow us on social media @CornellCAS
Learn More & Connect
Finding your place
Until we can meet on the Cornell campus in Ithaca, celebrate virtually with our A&S Class of 2025 celebratory swag. Download Zoom and desktop backgrounds, and posts for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter here.
Get ready to embark on an extraordinary journey
Students in the College of Arts & Sciences follow their own pathways to discovery during their time at Cornell. Meet a few of our most recent graduates to find out about the classes, activities, friends and professors who made their experiences here transformational.
Why the ampersand?
You might think that you need to make a choice: small liberal arts college or large research university? But the College of Arts & Sciences at Cornell offers you the best of both worlds: a superb and flexible liberal arts education and the extensive resources and opportunities of an internationally renowned research institution. The scope of these unprecedented opportunities is captured by the ampersand (&) that joins the liberal arts and the sciences in our name, and symbolizes our College of Arts & Sciences.