About NYRC Funding
Through the Professional Development Fund, A&S Career Development provides funding to support or supplement the career development needs of undergraduate students with financial need. We will be providing funding for students to attend interviews at the New York Recruiting Consortium on January 10, 2020.
Funding will be given in the form of a travel grant, meaning that students will receive a reimbursement for their eligible expenses. Students will make and purchase their own travel arrangements, and the grant will help to offset some or all of the costs of travel.
Funding Application Deadline: December 4, 2019 at 11:59pm
Students must meet the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for funding:
- Current matriculated undergraduate student in the College of Arts & Sciences; you must be enrolled in a degree-granting program at Cornell.
- Returning to complete at least one full-time semester of coursework towards their bachelor degree at Cornell for the Spring 2020 semester OR graduating in December 2019.
- Have at least one interview scheduled at the New York Recruiting Consortium.
Students are NOT eligible to apply for funding if:
- They have an OCR violation (not eligible for funding or to attend NYRC)
- They have accepted a job/internship offer for summer 2020 OR have confirmed acceptance at a graduate school for spring 2020 or beyond.
- They are on a leave of absence.
Funding Eligibility and Priority Details:
- Students within a 100-mile radius of NYC are not eligible for overnight expenses. Transportation may be reimbursable.
- Only domestic travel will be eligible. Students traveling from international locations may be eligible to receive hotel accommodations and domestic transportation support, but will not receive funding for international travel expenses.
- Priority will be given to seniors, then juniors, then sophomores, then first year students.
- Students with high financial need will be given preference. Please note there is a space on the application to indicate any individual or family factors affecting your need that may not be reflected in your financial aid package.
|Sunday, Dec. 1 at 11:59pm||Deadline for applying to internship and job postings (uploading resume, cover letter, and other materials)|
|Monday, Dec. 4 at 11:59pm||Deadline for applything to travel funding (A&S students ONLY)|
|Friday, Jan. 10||Interviews take place in NYC|
**Application is due Dec 4 at 11:59pm