Sze/Hernandez Teaching Prize
You are here
The Morgan Chia-Wen Sze and Bobbi Josephine Hernandez Distinguished Teaching Prize will be awarded to recognize professorial faculty for excellence in teaching, and will be awarded alternately over a three-year cycle to faculty in the humanities, social sciences and the natural sciences and mathematics. The donors would like to encourage all award recipients to use a portion of the award to travel anywhere in the world of interest to them and through that travel “to bring the world back to Cornell”.
One $25,000 award will be given annually until 2020 to a faculty member from one of three areas:
- 2018: Humanities
- 2019: Natural Sciences and Math
- 2020: Social Sciences
Deadlne for nominations: April 2, 2018.
Click here to nominate a faculty member. Required documentation includes:
- Information about teaching performance
- Letter of support from undergraduate students (both majors and non-majors) including information on how the letters were obtained
- Letter of support from the department chair, including the opinions of the nominee's colleagues
- Amy Villarejo, performing and media arts, comparative literature, and feminist, gender and sexuality studies
- Lydia Fakundiny, English