You are here
Advising deans help students explore academic resources and curriculum and understand the academic requirements of the College of Arts & Sciences. Contact your advising dean when you want to discuss your academic options or if you are experiencing academic difficulties.
New Online Scheduling for Advising Appointments!
In order to serve you better, please use the links below to schedule, reschedule, or cancel appointments with your advising dean – from anywhere, anytime, and with any device. If you have a quick question (no more than 10 minutes), you are welcome to use the drop-in hours listed below. (No appointment is necessary for drop-ins.) Please check in at our Front Desk in KG17 Klarman Hall when you arrive for an appointment or during drop-in hours.
Please click here to view our guide on how to make appointments online.
- General Advising Drop-In Hours: Mondays & Thursdays, 1:30-4:00 PM. (Please note: Dean Juliette Corazón will not be available for Drop-In Hours between April 1-15, 2018.)
- Study Abroad Drop-In Hours: Tuesdays, 1:30-4:00 PM
- Students who are applying for Fall 2018 Study Abroad, and have questions regarding course approvals - please come to Friday Drop-In Hours: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM; 1:30 to 4:00 PM.
- Latina/o/x Student Success Office (LSSO) Drop-In Hours (in 438 Rockefeller Hall): Fridays, 1:30-4:00 PM
For General Academic Advising appointments, please choose the link that corresponds with your class year and the first letter of your last name.
General Academic Advising for First-Years/Sophomores:
- First-year/Sophomore General Advising, Jayla Greene, A-C
- First-year/Sophomore General Advising, Jim Finlay, D-J
- First-year/Sophomore General Advising, Bonnie Comella, K
- First-year/Sophomore General Advising, Clare McMillan, L-O
- First-year/Sophomore General Advising, Carlo Lindo, Q, R, S
- First-year/Sophomore General Advising, Chad Coates, P, T-Z
General Academic Advising for Juniors/Seniors:
For specialized types of advising appointments, please choose from the selections below.
Specialized Appointment Types:
- Study Abroad Advising
- Posse Programming
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship (MMUF) Advising
- Prefreshman Summer Program (PSP) Advising:
- Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) Advising
- Research Funding (Not Independent Study)
- Concurrent Degree Advising
- Proration Advising
- Learning Strategies Center (LSC) Scholarship Advising
- The Latina/o/x Student Success Office (LSSO) Advising
- Tanner Dean's Scholars Meetings
- Pre-Health Advising
- College Scholar Meeting
Your faculty advisor (listed in your Student Center under "program advisor") can help you with curriculum questions and major requirements.
The director of undergraduate studies in each academic department is also available to help plan a path toward a particular major.
The Office of Undergraduate Biology advises on academics and research for all biology majors in both A&S and CALS.
E-mail here, or call 607-255-4833; we are located in KG17 Klarman Hall.