You are here
All internal transfer applicants must meet with Dean Ray Kim, chair of the Arts and Sciences Internal Transfer Committee, as part of the internal transfer application. We invite you to come by during internal transfer drop-in hours on Tuesdays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in Klarman Hall KG17 (drop-ins end on Tuesday, May 8th). If your schedule conflicts with drop-in hours, you may schedule an appointment by calling 607-255-4833.
Requests for late applications for internal transfer should be sent to Dean Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The basic guidelines for internal transfer to A&S are:
- As an internal transfer, you must spend four semesters on campus as an Arts & Sciences student and complete our major and distribution requirements.
- You must be in good standing in your home college with a cumulative GPA of 2.7, and must earn at least a 2.7 in the semester you apply.
- First-year students may apply at the end of their first semester but must have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- We will review the academic records (high school and college) of all applicants to ensure appropriate preparation for the A&S curriculum.
- If you transfer as a junior, you may not be able to study abroad or participate in other off-campus programs due to the four-semester residency requirement.
- If you apply to transfer as a second-semester sophomore, you must submit documentation that you have been accepted into an Arts & Sciences major. Rising juniors who are not ready to enter an A&S major will be denied.
- Because of the College’s four-semester residency requirement, if you externally transfer into Cornell as a second-semester sophomore or later, you are not eligible for internal transfer into A&S.
- If you're withdrawn or on a required leave of absence from your home college, you must get permission to apply from Dean Ray Kim.
- Some applicants may be offered conditional acceptance into the College for one semester, with official admittance after successful completion of the semester with the required GPA.
- To apply for internal transfer, complete the online Internal Transfer Application.
- Arts & Sciences students who wish to explore the option of internally transferring to another college or school should contact the internal transfer coordinator of the target college or school and/or the Office of Internal Transfer.