Choosing Courses in Science & Math
You are here
Before selecting courses in the sciences, math, or computer science, please consult the discipline-specific links below. There are often several options for your first Cornell course in these disciplines, and these resources will help you choose the course that is the best fit for you.
Please note: if you are not considering a major in math, science, or a related discipline, you don't need to take a math or science course in your first year. Indeed, if your interests lie more in the arts, humanities, and many of the social sciences, taking introductory courses in these disciplines should take precedence over taking a math or science course in your first semester at Cornell merely in order to satisfy a distribution requirement.
- General recommendations
- 2017-2018 First-Year Planning Guide
- Office of Undergraduate Biology
- Pre-Enrollment: What to do if courses are full
- Choosing your first chemistry course
- Advanced Placement information/Advanced Standing examinations
- Waitlist policy for chemistry courses