Cornell's music major carries the study of music to an advanced level through the integration of performance, music theory and music history. It is designed to accommodate both students who are oriented toward eventual graduate or professional work in music and those who wish to take a more general approach. Music majors from Cornell have gone on to varied careers in musicology, composition, performing, conducting, teaching at the primary or secondary level and arts management. Others have pursued careers outside of music, in medicine, law and many other areas.
- Music and Monstrous Imaginings
- Gamelan in Indonesian History and Cultures
- Mozart in History, History in Mozart
- Physics of Musical Sound
- Introduction to Ethnomusicology
Students went on to...
- Work as an associate medicinal chemist at Merck & Co.
- Study architecture at Yale University
- Study harpsichord performance at the Royal College of Music
Visit the the department/program website for faculty and research information.