Science and Technology Studies
The major in Science & Technology Studies aims to further students' understanding of the social and cultural aspects of science and technology. Department courses encourage students to ask informed and penetrating questions about the social forces that shape science and technology, the limits of scientific authority, and the role of technology in modern life. The major is ideal for students pursuing careers in law, public policy or management, as well as for scientists, engineers and others interested in science, technology and society.
- Technology in Society
- Science in the American Polity, 1960 to Now
- Gender and Technology
- From Surgery to Simulation
- Communication in the Life Sciences
Students went on to...
- Study science and technology at the University of California
- Study interactive communications at New York University
- Work for IBM as a business consultant
More information for the Science and Technology Studies major, Science and Technology Studies minor, Science and Technology Studies graduate program is available in the Cornell University Course Catalog.
Visit the the department/program website for faculty and research information.