The Italian major offers tracks in Italian literature and culture and Italian studies. The literature and culture track is designed for students who wish to study Italian language, literature and culture through the works of writers, artists and other figures who have developed rich and varied aesthetic traditions. The Italian studies track includes a broader progression of courses that entails work in related disciplines. Both tracks are designed to provide students with proficiency in reading, speaking and writing in Italian, to familiarize them with Italian culture, and to assist them in analyzing Italian texts in related fields.
- Perspectives in Italian Culture
- The Cinematic Eye of Italy
- Dangerous Bodies: Mothers, Criminals, Prostitutes, Peasants and (Re)production of Italians
- Thinking Life: Biopolitics and Contemporary Italian Thought
Students went on to...
- Study law at the University of California
- Work for Teach for America
- Study Italian at the University of Pennsylvania