Class of 2019 Stats
You are here
1. Where are Cornell students from?
Members of the Class of 2019 represent 44 countries and reside in 48 of the 50 United States plus Washington DC and Puerto Rico.
2. How many students of color are on campus?
More than 46 percent of the Class of 2019 identify themselves as U.S. students of color. Of these, approximately 22 percent of students identify themselves as American Indian (U.S.), Black (U.S), Hawaiian/Pacific Isle (U.S.) and/or Hispanic/Latina/o. Another 20 percent identify at least one Asian-American heritage.
3. What is the female/male ratio of students for the Class of 2019?
52% are female, and 48% are male.
4. How many students qualify for need-based financial aid?
Of the 3,219 full-time students who enrolled as freshmen in the Class of 2019, 47.6% qualified for need-based financial aid. 45.3% were awarded need-based grant aid from Cornell sources, with the average need-based grant award from Cornell funds totaling $37,392.
5. What kinds of courses in cultural studies are available?
Cultural studies courses are available throughout the humanities and social sciences.